WordPress Web Developer
MESH is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated web developer to join our team! Located in the heart of Charleston, West Virginia, our development office works closely with our design team, located in Brooklyn, NY, on a vast array of projects for non-profits, artisans, and small businesses across the country. We are looking for a developer who will work closely with the development director, and collaborate with staff developers and designers, in a studio that values social design work. We are looking for a candidate with experience in modern web development workflows and is comfortable handling tasks on the fly. We want to work with someone who is passionate about working with people, is positive and high energy, to match the rest of the team. Organization and ability to communicate with designers and developers are a must. Our team is excited to find someone who can be a team player, with good communication skills, and enjoys unwinding with a Friday afternoon beer or gaming session. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including health care compensation.
- Strong communication skills are a must!
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- A team player that can lend ideas to a project and raise development red flags
- WordPress experience is an absolute necessity for this job. You will be required to build custom WordPress themes from the ground up without the use of pre-existing frameworks.
- Experience with custom post types, custom fields and/or custom plugin development is a plus.
- Must be able to take our vision and functional specifications and turnaround our .PSD’s into fully functional websites that work across all browsers
- Can work within budgetary constraints and knows how to simplify when necessary
- Comprehensive understanding of usability and responsive design techniques.
- Extensive knowledge and experience to optimize performance of websites
- Experience with client interaction which requires good written and oral communication skills, knowing how to your pick battles, and most importantly, patience.
- Experience with version control (git, etc.) and CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS, etc.)
- Experience with multiple Content Management Systems
- Experience with Magento or other e-commerce systems.
- Although it’s not a necessity, if you have experience finding your way around server side technologies or if you are experienced with database optimization, that’s great.
Web Development Intern
MESH is seeking a creative and skilled web development intern for the summer, to start immediately. The intern will work closely with the development director, and work with developers and designers to help produce work for our small business and nonprofit clients
This is a part-time position, with compensation dependent on experience. We expect a time commitment of at least 15-20 hours a week.
- Ideally in their senior year and living in Charleston, WV area
- as passionate about working with people, positive, and high energy as we are
- Organization and ability to communicate with a creative director, designers, and developers
- working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience in modern web development workflows
Tasks would include but are not limited to:
- Update basic HTML, CSS, jQuery, and PHP
- Manage WordPress installations and plugins
- Migrate WordPress content
- Configure and secure new WordPress sites
- Convert Photoshop designs into websites
- Monitoring security of websites
- Learn and support dev team with current web development techniques