MESH Design and Development is seeking a full-time graphic designer for our Brooklyn office. You, as our new graphic designer, with the guidance and strategy support of the Creative Director, will design print, branding, and web design work for a variety of nonprofit, artisan, and small businesses doing awesome things. You will work as project lead on a variety of projects with the assistance of a junior designer, and collaborate with developers, writers, printers, and photographers on a variety of projects. You are energized working collaboratively, but are also very self-directed and proactive. You believe in good smart design made to open people up to new ideas, encourage new dialogue, and allow information to be more accessible.
You love to design and strategize thoughtful, awesome work.
Will work on projects as project lead, and support in team collaborative projects. Must be able to concept and design with guidance from a Creative Director, work directly with clients via multiple platforms of communication—phone, email, and in person—as well as execute production of print and web files.
– design branding systems, from logomark making to full brand visual systems.
– design web experiences and interactions, in a range of project scales and levels of complexity, from simple one page websites to complex informational systems for web. Experience in web design and understanding of responsive design systems is imperative.
– design print work, including packaging, publications, reports, promotional pieces, and stationary sets incorporating typography, illustration, infographics and photography.
– be attentive to client feedback, with ability to understand their larger design needs as well as follow lists of edits from feedback with detail.
– be experienced with typographic systems, both online and in print.