MESH is seeking a creative and skilled intern for the summer in our Charleston studio. The intern will work closely with the operations manager to assist with the daily operations of the studio and to oversee our MakeShop community space.
This is a part-time position, with compensation or school credit, dependent on experience. We expect a time commitment of at least 12 hours a week.
The intern will have the opportunity to work alongside a creative team and get a first-hand experience with the operations of a graphic design and web development studio, as well as managing a makerspace for the community. Other tasks will include:
– errands (deliver documents, mail, one-off tasks, pick up supplies etc)
– studio maintenance (watering plants, ordering snacks, etc)
– in-studio printing / scanning
– coordinating Makers Meetups and other events for MakeShop
– responsible for set up and clean up of events