MESH works with a variety of nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, artists, social justice and educational campaigns, and small businesses across the country. Our clients have a vast range of voices, and we are looking for a Content Writer who can both develop a brand’s voice, as well as write for existing ones.
This is a freelance position, with an estimated 10-15 hours per week. Ideally, you’ll be based out of our Brooklyn office, but some flexibility is available for the right person.
This role works under the guidance of the Design Director & Strategist.
– develop brand narrative messaging that can be communicated in a phrase, a sentence, 1 – 3 sentences, and 1 – 2 paragraphs, and can be flexible to appeal to different audiences.
– be able to understand the voice and tone of different organizations and brands, and write from their perspective.
– develop systems of messaging for brands, campaigns and copywriting.
– write content that can be distributed on multiple channels—from web to print to social.
It’s a bonus if you have additional technical writing experience, including:
– creating brand writing style guides. Provide voice, tone, and brand keyword development recommendations that can be implemented in writing.
– proposal writing. Occasionally, we may require assistance with technical writing for new work proposals.