Studio Mesh is seeking a dedicated, self-motivated junior web developer to join our team! Located in the heart of Charleston, West Virginia, our development office works closely with our design team, located in Brooklyn, NY on a vast array of projects for non-profits, artisans, and small businesses across the country. We are looking for a developer who will work closely with the development director and collaborate with staff developers and designers in a studio that values social design work. We are looking for a candidate with experience in modern web development workflows and is comfortable handling tasks on the fly. We want to work with someone who is passionate about working with people, is positive and high energy, to match the rest of the team. Organization and the ability to effectively communicate with designers, developers, team leaders and project managers is a must. Our team is excited to find someone who can be a team player, with good communication skills, and enjoys unwinding with a Friday afternoon beer or gaming session.
– Strong listening & communication skills are a must!
– Detail-oriented and highly organized
– A team player that can lend ideas to a project and raise development red flags
– WordPress experience is an absolute necessity for this job. You will be required to build custom WordPress themes from the ground up without the use of pre-existing frameworks. Experience with custom post types, custom fields and/or custom plugin development is a plus.
– Must have the ability and desire to learn other CMS frameworks, and web technologies when needed
– Must be able to take our vision and design files and functional specifications into fully functional websites that work across all browsers
– Can work within budgetary constraints and knows how to simplify when necessary
– Comprehensive understanding of usability and responsive design techniques.
– Extensive knowledge and experience in optimizing the performance of websites