MESH is looking for a Makeshop Community Organizer to organize and manage our pop-up makerspace in Charleston WV, called MAKESHOP.
This is a part-time position, with an expected time commitment of 15-20 hours a week.
You will have the opportunity to meet, organize, and coordinate lots of inspiring emerging artists, makers, and creatives in a makerspace for the community.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
*Coordinate Events for MakeShop
– Organize and coordinate events and communication with hosts (you’ll encourage them, and be present in person, but they are responsible for planning and organizing their events!)
– Set up and clean up of events
– Outreach including social media, Mailchimp newsletter, email, in-person chatting, etc.
*Support with Studio Space Management
– studio maintenance (watering plants, stocking the kitchen, etc)–
– studio errands as needed (deliver documents, mail, one off tasks, pick up supplies etc)