ROLE: Graphic Designer
Studio MESH is seeking a full-time graphic designer for our Brooklyn office, to work remotely. You, as our new graphic designer, with the guidance and strategic support of the Senior Designer & Creative Director, will design print, branding, and web design work for a variety of nonprofit, artisan, and small businesses doing awesome things. You will collaborate with developers, writers, printers, and photographers on a variety of projects. You are energized working collaboratively but are also very self-directed and proactive. You believe in good smart design made to open people up to new ideas, encourage new dialogue, and allow information to be more accessible.
You love to design and strategize thoughtful, awesome communication design pieces for social impact clients across the country.
You are excited to concept, design, & execute with guidance from a Creative Director and Senior Designer, and build off brands systems designed by Studio MESH to bring client brands to life in diverse media, from print to digital. You are experienced with typography, layout design, and vector illustration. You are comfortable working in a variety of software appropriate to the medium and platform you are designing for. You have experience executing the production of print and digital files.
You’re the ideal candidate if you:
Are obsessed with the details.
– You are attentive to alignment, tightening up text boxes, matching all the color swatches and keeping things neat and tidy.
– You ask the questions needed to understand what has to get done.
– You can organize a file folder with ease and put the same love and attention into the file artboards, no matter the program.
Are a self-sustaining individual.
– You’re comfortable taking your assignment and working on the task solo.
– You’re okay with making decisions with the information given to you to keep the project moving forward.
– You step in to help out with one of your teammate’s projects where they need it.
Are a great online or on the phone communicator.
– You are comfortable using technology to communicate between different offices and locations. We use Slack and Zoom daily to keep things running.
– You have clear and professional communication with studio networks, such as photographers, vendors, and printers.
Appreciate a small studio environment.
– You thrive in a collaborative small studio environment.
– You like switching it up between different projects often.
– You’re happiest when you can help someone get the full picture accomplished.
Are inspired by social justice work and hard-working small businesses.
– You have a passion for making impactful design for nonprofits and small, local businesses across the United States
- Taking a newly designed branding system and building out the final brand package; saving out logo marks and other full brand visual systems to deliver to multiple communication channels
- Taking print work — including publications, reports, promotional pieces, packaging, and stationery sets — to the final stages and getting them production ready.
- Taking and making edits given by the team or a client to see the project to the finish line; from brand kits to full books.
- Aiding in creating and finalizing components for digital experiences and interactions, in a range of project scales and levels of complexity, from simple one-page sites to complex information systems.
- Stepping in to help with the small stuff; save out one-off graphics and/or organize a project folder to help everyone do their jobs efficiently.
- Be an active and engaged listener to understand your tasks at hand.
- Manage your own time and efficiency.
- Communicate with team members to let them know when tasks are completed and when you have questions.
- Communicate with printers, photographers, and other vendors when needed.
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator software
- Fluency in Sketch is a plus
- Must be comfortable working in Dropbox
- Organization (we love clean files!)
- Decision-making and self-management
- Active and reflective listening
- Ability to transition quickly and seamlessly between projects
- 3 – 6 years experience in the graphic design field, working at a small studio or agency,
with experience in:
- Logo Design and Brand Identity Design Production
- Campaign Visual Systems Production
- Typographic Layout from Posters to Books (InDesign baby!)
- Print Design creation
- General Production (including working with printers and setting up print-ready files)
- Digital Design, from social media graphics to pixel-perfect web graphics
- BA/BFA in graphic or communication design or similar
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Please send resume, work samples via personal website or PDF, and cover letter to email@example.com, Subject Line: Graphic Designer Application. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you would fit into this role at Studio MESH.